Alice is a princess because…
- She thinks outside the box.
- She keeps her cool (mostly) in a world of nonsense.
- She is curious.
- She is kind and helpful.
- She’s a little sassy.
- She has her moments of depression,
- but she keeps on going.
Some of my favorite things from Alice in Wonderland:
- The Mad Tea Party
- “The Walrus and the Carpenter” – though it is a bit disturbing
- The Doorknob
- The White Rabbit is always late (just like me)
- It’s not afraid to admit it’s nuts
- “In a World of My Own”
- “Painting the Roses Red”
My goals for the month inspired by Alice:
- Go to afternoon tea, or something similar.
2. Figure out and fix some of the nonsense in my life.
I’ve started this by quitting my second job, applying for a new position at my first job, taking my new medicine everyday and buying less food at work and working on a budget.
3. Add some nonsense back in. And by nonsense, I mean fun.
I had TWO weekends off this month, I went to the Renaissance Festival, I’ve started spending more time with Pippin, I started a Lunch Club with a co-worker and I’m seeing Hugh Jackman in concert TONIGHT.
I know these goals are rather broad, but I’m easing back into this slowly. And I can’t follow the logic of Alice completely, otherwise I would have NO goals at all.