Sally is a princess because…
- She is unique
- She is smart and resourceful
- She is truthful and isn’t afraid to tell someone they are making a mistake (even though they might not listen)
- She has romantic tendencies
- She is kind
She has her moments of doubt and despair
…but she will put herself back together again. (Literally)
Some of my Favorite Things from The Nightmare Before Christmas:
- The fact that it can be a Halloween or Christmas movie, depending on my mood, but I feel the Christmas spirit when I watch it.
- The very romantic ending
- All the songs, but I think “What’s This?” is my favorite right now.
My Goals for the Month, Inspired by Sally:
- Work on enjoying the “present” and the holiday season. I feel like Sally, though admittedly restless (I’ll elaborate on the scene she uses the word in in a later post), is someone who knows who she is and she focuses more on the now.
- Restless – This is my theme word for the month. So, I’m going to work on my sleep problems. Control what I can. Work on healthy habits to stay awake after work and figure out how to sleep more soundly during the night. I don’t expect miracles to happen, but I’m trying.
- Sew something with the yard of fabric I used in my Merida photo shoot. I really hope I find the time for this. Some inspiration I found: https://so-sew-easy.com/small-sewing-projects-1-yard-fabric/