I get a little bit of melancholy on New Year’s. Another year gone by in a blink of an eye, and I wonder what I’ve done with my life. To combat this, I like to make a list of the year’s highlights. The things I’ve done and seen and experienced over the last 365 days that made it all worthwhile.
I thought I would do the same for my blog as well.
- My friend’s kids dressed in cute outfits and I took photos with them
- I found a little beach in BFE for Moana’s photo shoot
- I went to The Wilds and the zoo lights
- I danced
- I went to the theater to see Anastasia
- I made it through a mental health scare
- I made my bed and threw candy all over it
- I went swimming
- I played Star Wars in the snowy back yard
I know there’s more, but I think that’s at least a good start!
This year has been strange and difficult at times, but still full of good things.
My goal for today is to not get melancholy. I’m going embrace the new year and not lament an old one. And I might even try to be awake when the clock strikes 12.
Happy New Year Everyone!
P.S. I’m not sure if it’s vain to pick out favorite pictures of oneself from a mass of pictures from oneself or not… but these are some of my favorite pictures from 2020. Enjoy these pictures of me. 😉