Anya (better known as Anastasia) doesn’t remember she’s a princess. Evil villains, revolutions and amnesia will do that do a girl.
Even though she can’t remember her past, she is still very princessly.
- She’s sassy
- And not afraid to speak her mind
- Brave (She walks to St. Petersburg all by herself, for example)
- And a little clumsy
- She’s a dreamer
- And a secret romantic
- She rescues wayward puppies
- And she loves her family
She has moments of doubt about who she is and whom (who? – I never get this correct) to trust, but in the end, she knows both who she is and what she wants.
To be very honest, I didn’t think I would ever feature a non-Disney princess (though I’m pretty sure Disney owns her now, since she’s Fox). But since Anastasia the musical was going to be in Columbus was too serendipitous to ignore.
And so far, I’m glad I have Anastasia’s perspective. It’s different that her Disney peers, I think. A Disney princess or heroine tends to look forward, but Anastasia is looking backward.
My Goals for the Month Inspired by Anastasia:
- Use the song “Journey to the Past” as my theme song for the month. In the song, Anya shares her heart’s desires of home, love and family, so I want to focus on those three things.
- Home: Even though I’m self-conscious about it because I wish to have a place of my own, I know I’m very lucky to have a roof over my head with people I love. So, I’m going to start to show appreciation for the home I have by creating a space for myself that is clean, comforting and peaceful. I’m currently reading Marie Kondo’s books, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up and Spark Joy, to get inspired. (And I’m watching her show on Netflix. I’m a little bit obsessed.)
- Love: Will I find my Dimitri in a month of online dating? I don’t have high hopes, but I’m going to continue to put myself out there. But I’m also going to focus on other types of love. Showing love for my family and friends. Showing love for my dog. Showing love for myself. It was Valentine’s Day yesterday, so this is very fitting, I think.
- Family: I want to discover my family’s past. Unlike Anya, I am lucky enough to know who my family is, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have more to learn about them. Ancesty.com free trial, here I come! Also, family who reads this – expect some questions! I also want to spend more time with family. I was going to this weekend, but I haven’t been feeling well. I still have time though!
- And a random goal for the month: try to make blini. Try being the key word here. They are bad for my diet, but look so good!
Until next time!
P.S. I created an official Instagram account for Princessly Poised! You should follow it. Please (I’m not begging you, but I am begging you). The icon is below under “Social Media.”