I don’t know about any of you, but my anxiety the past few days has been through the roof! The world is changing and it’s changing fast. I’m having a hard time keeping up with it.
Having said that, I’m very glad that this month my princess is Anna.
Anna is a princess because…
- She’s confident with who she is and isn’t afraid to be her quirky self
- She has a calming presence for those who love her
- She loves unconditionally
- And is loyal
- She’s competitive
- Is brave
- And she can throw a mean punch
When the world seems turned upside down…
She keeps going to do “the next right thing.”
And that’s all we can do, right?
I have a new appreciation for Anna since seeing Frozen 2. I liked her in the first movie, but I was so focused on how much Elsa and I seemed to be alike in our depression, Anna was pushed to the background.
I think, though, when I’m feeling good I’m quirky and loyal, etc. So, as I watched Frozen 2 I decided to focus on Anna and I discovered that I freakin’ love her!
I really do think she’s going to be a comfort in this month of uncertainty and change. I hope I can be like Anna and grow and learn from what the world has in store.
My Goals for the Month Inspired by Anna:
- When I am down and depressed or anxious, I will work on “doing the next right thing.” This is very difficult for me to do because when I’m having a bad moment, it’s all consuming. There’s no room for anything else. But, I want to work on ways to get myself out of those moments, even if I don’t want to.
- Embrace my weird. I try to hide it sometimes, but maybe the world is missing out on something?
- Have a game day. In Frozen 2, the gang plays charades. I’m going to have a Disney game day with a friend!
- Embrace change to the best of my ability!
I hope everyone out there stays healthy and optimistic!