Hey all! Here is my month with Pocahontas so far.
Seen in: Pocahontas, 1995
My favorite songs:
- “Steady as the Beating Drum”
- “Just Around the Riverbend”
- “Mine, Mine, Mine”, or as I like to call it, “And Dig and Dig and Digity dig”
- “Colors of the Wind”
My favorite things about Pocahontas:
- Her flawless Disney hair
- She doesn’t wear shoes
- She has a bad ass tattoo
- She is a bad ass – diving down waterfalls, saving people from executions, you know, the usual
- Her sense of self – she may not always know her path, but she knows who she is
Pocahontas’ most depressing moment:
- It was difficult for me to find a video of the exact scene I was looking for, but one of Pocahontas’ darkest moments is after the death of Kocoum, when John Smith is arrested. It is around 2:00 in this video.
My goals inspired by Pocahontas:
- Go canoeing
Status: Complete. See “Just Around the Riverbend with Pocahontas.
2. Go to the Hopewell Culture National Historic Park https://www.nps.gov/hocu/index.htm
Status: Going tomorrow, weather permitting. I can’t really go to Virginia to see landmarks of the Powhatan people, but I think it’s more important to learn more about the people who were here first in my own area anyway.
3. Do something that helps nature.
Status: Not started. Not really sure what I want to do yet. I had a dream my mom bought me a tree. I think in my dream it was either Christmas or my birthday
4. Make these: https://family.disney.com/recipe/pocahontas-feather-pops/
Status: Not started
5. Figure out my own path – is it the smoothest course down the river or that other one with all the rocks and rapids?
Status: In progress. I think. This will be explored more as the month goes along.