I know, I’m two days late in posting this. But it’s ok, Jasmine said it was fine. The good thing about this blog is that I can talk to cartoon characters like they’re real and it’s not as weird as if I talked to them and there wasn’t a blog. Maybe I should rethink this statement… nah.
Now, less about my crazy ways and more about Jasmine.
Seen in: Aladdin, 1992
My Favorite Songs:
- “One Jump Ahead”
- “Friend Like Me”
- “Prince Ali”
- “A Whole New World” – this better be a favorite. It’s the only song Jasmine sings!
My Favorite Things About Jasmine:
- She’s got the Disney hair that I’m always envious of.
- She’s not afraid to speak her mind and stands up for herself.
- She has a pet tiger.
- She lives in a palace and is courted by princes, but knows that money and privilege aren’t everything.
- She has awesome clothes.
Jasmine’s Most Depressing Moments:
- When she thinks Aladdin has been sent to his death by Jafar. Side note: he’s a creep.
- When Jafar takes over the kingdom. I guess this could be seen more like “she’s in danger” than “she’s depressed,” but I’d say finding out your boyfriend is a liar and having your kingdom taken over by Jafar would be a trigger for a depressive episode. What do you think? Am I over thinking things?
My Goals Inspired by Jasmine:
I thought about only doing 3. You know, 3 wishes… 3 goals, but maybe the plan should be to complete 3, if not all of them because that is sort of the point.
- Go see Aladdin at the Ohio Theatre
Status: Complete. Thanks to some help from my parents, I was able to go! I had a great seat and enjoyed it immensely.
2. Adopt a tiger
Status: Not started. I may not be able to have a pet tiger, but I can certainly pretend by symbolically adopting one through WWF.
3. Do 1 thing outside my comfort zone and/or go somewhere local I haven’t been before.
Status: Not started. Jasmine needed to get out of the palace. I need to get to just get out.
4. Plan my next trip.
Status: In progress. I can’t fly on a magic carpet around the world, but I can save money to go on a plane somewhere. I’m thinking Disney World in April. Yes, I will accept donations.
5. Make Aladdin’s flatbread pizza
Status: Not started. I’m a little wary about this one. I don’t think I’ve ever had a fig… except in Fig Newtons. Those sound good now. This might be delicious or I might regret all my life’s decisions with one bite. Maybe I’ll even stop making these baking goals. We’ll find out I guess.
That’s all I got for now. Until next time!