Princess Leia is a little different than the other princesses we’ve had so far. First, she’s live action, but also, she isn’t the “typical” princess that we’ve come to know. But her differences make her all the more fun.
Leia Organa is a princess because….
- She’s sassy
- She stands up to the bad guys in her own special way
- She’s brave in general
- She’s great with insults
- Is a proud leader
- She speaks her mind (if that wasn’t already obvious)
- She takes charge and fights
- And doesn’t deal with no crap
- She will ask for help, when needed
- And is truly iconic
My Goals for the Month Inspired by Princess Leia
- Practice being assertive.
In my group program, I learned the difference between passive, assertive and aggressive. They are not characteristics or personality types that we are born with. They are learned social behaviors.
I would consider myself someone who acts more passive. I don’t like conflict, want to hurt people’s feelings and want everyone to be happy. I say “I don’t know” and “I’m sorry” a lot. I avoid eye contact and pick at my thumbs.
Princess Leia is very assertive, and I want to be more like that. No, I will be more like that. (Is that more assertive sounding? I need to practice a lot.)
- Support a cause or group I believe in.
I don’t have to find an empire, but there are many things out there that could use my help. I have an issue where I always want to help, but I don’t know how (which leads to confidence issues, anxiety and depression). So, I’m going to investigate this further.
- Watch the original Star Wars trilogy.
I want to learn as much as I can from Leia, so I better watch the movies she’s in. If I have time, I watch the newest trilogy too.
- Do a craft or make a recipe from Family Disney’s Star Wars list. For example, maybe I’ll make this collage box?
I’ve got a lot to do! Better get to it.